Going somewhere? That’s okay, here are some of the photography related sites that I find interesting:
- Stack Exchange Photography is a Q&A site dedicated to the photographic community. It’s a member driven site, based on reputation, that can provide some amazingly well-written information on all things photography related.
- DP Review is the largest camera review site on the net, primarily dedicated to dSLRs, it also hosts very active forums and fun photography contests that I usually lose.
- Photocritic Blog is a great source for all sorts of information about cameras, technique, and more. I’m partial to it, of course, because I have an article about Pentax there, but even without that it’s a great site!
- The Strobist is a must site for anybody interested in using strobes (flashes) off camera. You are taking your flash off the camera right? Go there, learn it, do it, you won’t regret it.
- Cambridge in Colour is an excellent site for learning all sorts of things about photography and, perhaps more importantly, the nature of digital cameras. I refer to it often, the information is excellent.
- 500 Photographers is a blog dedicated to showcasing 500 excellent photographers. I may not always think they’re quite that amazing, but they are good, and you get some further great links to some very skilled people.
- Daily Dose of Imagery is a Toronto based photoblog with a different image, usually from Toronto, every day. Now, I know what you’re thinking, but you’d be wrong, so see for yourself.
- DIY Photography is just the place for the shooter on a budget. Heck, even if you have wads of spare cash, some of the DIY stuff is just plain fun anyways. Now, continuing with the full disclosure from above, I’ve also been featured here as well for my foamie/velcro flash modification system that’s still going strong for me.
- My Flickr stream is rather self-explanatory. I’ll note that anything I post there is going to be somewhere on my site here. However, Flickr has a lot to offer, so I post there as well, just not in the same volume.
- Pentax Photo Gallery offers some of the best photographic work from Pentax shooters around the world. Anyone with a Pentax camera can submit, but having your work posted requires the community to vote on the image(s) being accepted. Some great images to be seen there.